Wash Day - 16 weeks post Relaxer/Texlax

Hey There Guys!

So as you know, I decided to wash my hair on Monday because it was a public holiday, Gosh I dunno, I was NOT feeling it,
I wish someone could do it for me at times, lol!

Anyhow, here it goes..
  1. I detangled my hair in 6 sections, then in 4 and then in 2.
  2. I then plaited it so I could wash my hair in said plaits
  3. I hopped into the shower and shampooed with Shea Moisture Moisturizing Shampoo. I noticed, however, it had an "off smell", seriously though shampoo goes bad? is that how infrequently I use shampoo? LOL, so I used: Mane 'n Tail Deep Moisturising Shampoo. My hair doesn't seem to like the latter. I really wish I could get my Design Essentials Moisture Retention Shampoo BUT THERE's NONE on ISLAND right now!! Sigh!
  4. I then rinsed thoroughly and applied an ample amount of Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisture Conditioner.
  5. I then put on a plasic cap + scarf and let it sit for about 2 hrs - no heat because the apartment was just hot, and I was not feeling the overhead dryer.
  6. I then rinsed with warm then cold water, and did not do my ACV Rinse, no bueno *side-eye* I was tired I think.
  7. I then wrapped by hair up in a cotton T shirt for 10 mins and then applied my leave-ins: Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk, Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Smoothing Serum & Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Blow Dry Perfector (heat protectant)
  8. I decided to TRY BLOW DRYING the roots on medium heat, so I undid each braid/plait and then blow dried the roots while applying tension.
MY HAIR DOES NOT LIKE BLOWDRYING,
I thought maybe the roots-only method may work, but nope, my hair simply isn't a fan, it felt dry and straw-like to me.

So I applied a lil bit of moisture with wet hands and about a tablespoon of: Herbal Essences Hydraliscious & Silky Boost Conditioner... Then put my hair in one and promptly went to do some reading (academic not leisure, alas)

Not the greatest of wash days unfortunately, but it's all part of the HHJ struggle I suppose!

Before I went to bed I mustured up the strength to put my hair in 8 plaits and wore it to work the next day with a scarf,
(forgive me, not the best pic - I had to throw a vintage filter on it! lol)
and just did a braid out for a bridal shower I had to go to later that evening!
*me and my girl Calisa*

Hectic 2 days huh?! LOL, so it go!

How did your wash day go? Are you stretching your relaxer too?

Oh! be sure to check out how wash day went for these lovely ladies:
The Wash Day Experience

Have a great Wednesday!

XoXo,
Rachie :-)

10 comments

  1. Love love love the thickness of your hair! I totally feel you when it comes to blow drying and even the hooded dryer messes up my ends especially..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks so much girlie! Yeah blow drying and my hair don't mix either girl.

      Delete
  2. Lol @ shampoo going bad! It is a good thing you had a backup plan. Your hair looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Ikr? I've never seen it before, lol. Thanks for the kind compliment!

      Delete
  3. Okay...that that braid out is EVERYTHING!

    I don't blow out my hair often, but when I do, I don't even bother blowing the ends. I concentrate on the roots and use my hand to cover the ends. I have no clue if that made any sense at all---but I've noticed that by not exposing my ends to the air of the blower---by stay much more moisturized. Hope it helps!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heya KLP! Thanks so much girlie (re the braidout) lord knows I try lol. I tried the blow drying the roots only but I dunno my hair really didn't like it at all I guess because my hair is so porous the ends dry in no time when they are out of the way so to speak. Thanks so much for the advice! :-)

      Delete
  4. Lebakwe Rabasha19 March 2015 at 01:45

    Greetings all the way from Gaborone, Botswana. I LOVE your hair. :-)
    I need some hair advice. I'm 6 months post relaxer and I'm planning on texlaxing my hair next week for the first time ever, I'm nervous but also excited for the outcome.) Any tips on what to do before and after the texlax? Looking forward to your response. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heya girlie!!! Thanks so much for your kind words! In terms of texlacing, I completely understand the nervousness. My best advice to you is make sure your hair is properly conditioned before you go to texlax - and make sure that you deep condition treatment after texlaxing - protein would be good to replace some that you lose in the chemical service. Good luck!

      Delete
  5. I'm trying to grow my hair and I know natural isn't the way I want to go.. going to try texlaxing for the first time. I'm only 12 weeks post relaxer going to try make it to 16 weeks my most has been 13weeks.. thanks for your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey girlie!!! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting! You've seriously made my day! Yeah I do like Texlaxing when done properly, I also have toyed with the idea of going natural, but with my schedule right now I don't think I can just yet. I'm not a big chop person, and transitioning can be trying! Lol. Thanks again, I'm happy that my posts have been able to help you! I hope to be back up very soon :-)

      Delete