Dry Deep Conditioning Overnight - Results!... :-)

Morning Guys!

So I tried Dry Deep Conditioning on Monday night, and I kept the conditioner in until last night when I washed it out and air dried my hair as usual. 

I think this method is a keeper!
I had my hair in large Twists that were pinned up at work complete with a headband.
My hair was dry and did not look like it had any product in it. Silly me didn't take a picture! Ugh!! Worry not I'll be doing this again on Thursday night and wearing it to work on Friday morning so I PROMISE I'll have a pic for you then.
But you can see the twist in the above picture doesn't look wet or look like it has product in it. It pretty much looked like that. No one at work noticed that I had Conditioner in at all.
When I came home I let out each twist and separated them carefully with my hands. Then I finger combed each section. I did not use a comb or a brush, because my hair was detangled already when I had put the conditioner in the night before.
I then hopped into the shower and rinsed out the conditioner under a stream of WARM water. I finger combed my hair under the stream of running water, then I used a wide tooth Goody Comb.
MY HAIR FELT REALLY SOFT!!!
Yay!
:-)
I did a quick ACV Rinse with the last of my Apple Cider Vinager, I need to get some at the supermarket today, then I finished off with extra cold water to seal the cuticles.

While my hair was wet from the shower I coated the ends, the Texlaxed roots and the hair line with a mixture of Castor Oil and Sweet Almond Oil,
I Then Proceeded to Air-Dry with my Scarf: 
It looks really straggly at the bottom half because the bottom half is relaxed and the top is Texlaxed. :-)
I finger combed intermittently until my hair was about 60-70% dry
Then I got out my detangling utensils:
(left) Regular Goody brush (Middle) Denman brush with rows taken out, only 4 remaining (right) Tangle Teezer.
I "brushed" from ends to roots with my fingers first, then I used the Goody Brush for just the ends VERY GENTLY, 
I then applied about 2 teaspoons worth of my Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl and Style Milk into my palm, rubbed a bit with my two hands and distributed it evenly root to tip of my hair.
When My hair was 80-90% dry I used the 4-row Denman brush for roots to ends again VERY GENTLY, and Finally I used the Tangle Teezer Roots to ends small section my small section VERY GENTLY. If I came across a small snag I'd stop and finger detangle then proceed again.





The middle was taking a little while to dry so I separated my hair into top and bottom halves and stood under the fan to hasten the drying process.

Once my hair was 95% dry I just put it in 4 large twists, pinned them up, then put a scarf on and went to bed. All in all the process took me about an hour from start to finish, not bad at all. I did not use shampoo because my hair is really clean, and my hair soaks up product quite a bit, and is rarely oily even when I think I'm being a pit heavy handed sometimes with a product namely oils when I'm sealing.

Its came out really really soft, I kept asking my other half to touch it! Lol, poor thing he's always being dragged into something hair-care related, especially since he's my "designated hair picture taker".

Anyhow, I definitely recommend this method, I'm very happy with the results, I will be doing it again on Thursday night with Washday being Friday.

If you have any questions or comments at all feel free to drop me a line!
Have a great Wednesday!

Xoxo, 
Rachie :-) 

4 comments

  1. Yay for the win! It's good to know that this option works well too.
    Your hair looks really long!Good stuff!

    Abbi of BelowtheWaist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Abbi!! I'm really happy that it's grown! And I think I owe a lot of it to the long term protective styling since November. I'm verrry tempted to do another 2-3 Months of protective styling for length retention purposes. I think I'll try twists instead of braids, not sure yet though. But Ye I'm happy that the dry deep conditioning has been working for me so far, because I've been soooo strapped for time this week and I didn't want my hair to suffer because of my lack of enough time to care for it. :-D

      Delete
  2. I am so trying this. What kind of conditioner did you use? Did you apply it wet then let it dry, or did you use it on your dry hair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Knakita!!! I used the Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner, and I put it on DRY hair then I rinsed it out after some time. I'm soooo sorry for the late reply, I was incognito in April, sigh. You know u my tugsz, Hugz :-)
      Lemme know if u tried it and if it worked!

      Delete