Wash Day! :-)

Hey There Guys!
Yup yup its that time again, Wash Day Recap! This past weekend I did not do a Wash Day,
What I did do was a
Dry Deep Conditioning Session with my trusty
Profectiv Daily Strengthening leave-In Conditioner:
I took down my Twists,
Applied Conditioner to hair in 2 sections,
2 large twists made,
Plastic cap placed over hair and heat (overhead dryer) for 15mins
Sealed with a bit of Grapeseed Oil + Castor Oil mix (Focusing on the ends).
The hair felt soft and moisturized so
I just did Buns for the rest of the weekend until Tuesday:


Yesterday I started my (mid-week) Wash Day

(I try for twice a week - at the very least to Deep Condition twice per week)
  • I started off by taking down the bun and finger detangling
  • Separated the hair into 2 sections and applied Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner to the Length of the hair and then applied My oil mix to the Scalp with my Roots Only Applicator Bottle. ( This was my Pre-poo step - I was feeling all experimental, lol)
  • I then put on a plastic cap and let everything sit for about 20 minutes.
  • Next step - Shampoo with Design Essentials Moisture Retention Shampoo,
  • I then did a TEA RINSE! Yes I finally remembered!

Hehehe! I got all creative and put my tea bags in my coffee maker :-)
  • After about 5 minutes I rinsed out the tea with cold water, then applied an ample amount of the Mane and Tail Deep Moisturizing Conditioner and the last tablespoon of the Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose Conditioner that I had left :-(
  • Plastic cap then under the dryer for 35 minutes - honestly I tried to stay an extra 5 minutes, but boy the heat is REAL in this place!
  • Oil Rinse Time! - It had been to long since I had done one! I applied a handful of coconut oil to the hair over the conditioner and then proceeded to detangle: Lots of slip!! Yayness!
  • I then rinsed it out with warm water, followed by my trusty ACV Rinse, and finished with a Cold Water Rinse.
  • I then let my hair dry in a cotton T-shirt for about 10 minutes then proceeded to Air Dry with my regular scarf method.


  • I DID add a product that I haven't used in a while - Paul Mitchel Super Skinny Serum - which was awesome sauce by the way! It really helped to smooth the hair cuticles :-) I will definitely remember to used this on the next wash day also!
RESULTS:

They aren't the greatest pics, I've been having a few camera difficulties of late.
My hair felt happy after all the luvin it got on this wash day.
And I'm happy that I actually did a Tea rinse this time!
The hair felt both soft & strong and my hair loss at the end of it was minimal
Yay Tea Rinses!

Yeppers! That's about it,
I think I'll be doing a headband and Bun for work this morning and call that George!
Later today or tomorrow I may just put it all in twists/braids depending on my mood, but Buns seem to be working well for me over the last couple of days, so one more day can't hurt
:-)
Thanks for stopping by!
Check out how these other ladies fared on their Wash Days:

The Wash Day Experience

Feel free to stop by my very new Facebook page
Like and Share as you please!

Have a great day!

Xoxo,
Rachie :-)

12 comments

  1. That shirt is soooo cute! Where did you get it from?

    I'm so glad that the black tea (I think it's black tea) rinse worked well for you. I swear by it!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heya girlie thanks so much!! :-) I got that shirt randomly in a mall I think 1 year ago in aeropostale, on sale! I guess with moving apartmentsyo u find things you forgot you had with the re-packing.
      And yep that's black tea, my other half brought it back from St Lucia last week - it worked well! I'm sorry I ever slacked on tea rinses!
      Hugz! thanks again for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Your hair is beautiful, Rachel!

    And I'm definitely gonna use my coffee maker the next time I do a black tea rinse. Why didn't I think of that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Funny thing is that the gas just finished #movingproblems and so I couldn't boil water in my kettle and I'm not a microwave person, and then I eyeballed my coffee maker and was like "why not?" LOL!
      Thanks so much for stopping by girlie :-)

      Delete
  3. Your hair looks great! Black tea is great for curbing breakage. I had slacked on it but I'm so going back starting the next wash day :)

    http://scarletgoal.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heya! Ye man it's sooo easy to slack up on certain treatments sometimes because we can get so tired and busy etc. It had been a while since I had done a Tea Rinse. I hope yours goes well on your next wash day! & Thanks so much for stopping by! :-)

      Delete
  4. I love the caption on the shirt. Your bun is totally pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at that sheen! And Woot Woot for tea rinses! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!!! Your hair is gorgeous. I love the tee & the bun.

    ReplyDelete