The Phased Big Chop! Oh, and I Also Texlaxed on Monday! :-)

Hey There Girlies!

I'm sorry I haven't been able to post as often as I would like, but I definitely will not leave you out of the loop that is "Rachie's Hair Journey" for very long.

As you know, I had quite a bit of shedding and breakage in Late November and during December 2014 due to the stress of Wedding preparations, The breakage is especially at the line of demarcation where my Relaxed dyed hair meets my Texlaxed hair.

I had made a plan (Much like Harlem from harlemhhj.blogspot.com)to hold out until my birthday in April to cut off the relaxed ends - woiii! the thought of cutting off 4" at once was scary.
So in the mean time I've been cutting bit by bit: 
about an inch in January, 
and inch and a half in February 
and this month, on Saturday March 21st I cut off 2 inches off of each plait!!!

*see the new growth/roots?*

Crazy huh?!
Yeah I was sad,
but so it goes,
health over length!


I had a bit of a setback, but it's okay, deep down I always knew I'd have to trim away the relaxed ends, it just came sooner than I had hoped.
 But I'm good because if there's one thing this Hair Journey has shown me is that I am fully capable of reaching Waist Length and Beyond!

*New growth with MAJOR Shrinkage! - 2" in length when stretched believe it or not!*

2 Days Post Chop...
I Texlaxed my hair at 18 weeks and 3 Days on March 23rd 2015:

So where is my hair now?

 *I wore this to work the following day*



Hovering just at/above BSL!

Yup yup! It's the weirdest feeling, 
I feel like "OMG where's my hair all gone?!" Lol!

But you know what? Now that its mostly Texlaxed - Its thicker, bouncier and its healthier than my relaxed ends - I still have a teensy bit hanging on for dear life, LOL!

I have more pics but I cant seem to get them off of my camera!! #trials!

PROS:
It's nice to be able to brush through and style my hair in seconds, literally the bun in the first pic took me all of 10 seconds to accomplish. I kid you not.
I also anticipate that my wash days will take less time re detangling at least for the next 4 weeks.

CONS:
I really miss my new growth, I not gonna lie - I was even toying with the idea of the POSSIBILITY of ONE DAY transitioning to natural hair...

Alas, I couldn't go any further with my relaxer stretch, maybe I was being inpatient along with teh stress of work and reading, the breakage had me almost to the point of tears!
Ahhh well!

Shout out to Relaxed Thairapy who is still going strong at 36 weeks post!!!

Amazing!

Inspirations everywhere I tell you!

Have you guys relaxed/texlaxed/chopped recently?

Have a great day girlies!
Xoxo Rachie :-)

19 comments

  1. Haha I also miss being able to dig into my hair and feel the coils from the new growth.. Your hair is looking lovely as usual, and if you cut off 5 inches of hair (almost a year of growth for the average person!!) and still have hair that long, you are doing a really good job with length retention :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikr?! I miss the coils, lol. Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words girlie :-D I wish I didn't have to have cut so much, I'd still be at WL but that's OK, its a journey, and I'm thankful!

      Delete
  2. Such awesome progress, your hair looks so shiny and smooth in the first picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lungi! this sleekness will last a week 10 days tops, then back to airdrying for me! Lol

      Delete
  3. Your hair is shiny and amazing Rachie and also looks fully texlaxed. And you're right; health over length anyday plus I'm pretty sure you'll gain back that length in no time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Hilda! yeah girl health over length, its hard to lose length though, lol. I hope to be back to WL later this year! Where are you on your journey?

      Delete
  4. That bun looks gorgeous. I felt the same way after relaxing during one of my longer relaxer stretches, I love the volume that my new growth gives me. I have a co-worker who's trying to tempt me to go natural

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girlie! Re temptation to go natural - IKR?! The natural hair movement is real, I've been tempted on lots of occasions, I haven't ruled it out. How was your birthday?! I hope you had a blast!

      Delete
  5. Your hair is so beautiful, Rachie! You are my new hair crush lol. That bun is divine! I'm thinking of texlaxing, but I'm not sure just what I'm going to do with my hair yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much Miss Dre, that's so nice of you :-D I know your about 31 weeks post right? - (that is AMAZING to me) Your bun on last wash day was absolutely beautiful. Considering going natural or Texlaxing is a tough choice, either way I'm sure your hair will look fabulous. :-D

      Delete
  6. i just came across your blog.Your hair is so lovely, shiny and sleek.I totally love the bun. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your hair! Awesome touch up results!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your ends look amazing post texlax and trim! You've done a fantastic job at retaining length so you'll be back at WL in NO TIME!

    Thanks for sharing your #washdayexperience chica!

    KLP @ SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks KLP! I really pray so, I am trying to not do anymore length checks after today, and hopefully I will see some growth when I check at next Texlax, eeks! lol :-)

      Delete
  9. I love the way your hair looks post-cut.
    I'm toying with the idea of a mini chop too...we'll see. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Abbi! Loving your YouTube presence ;-) Girl, re the cut, I knew I needed it but every now and then I run my hands to the ends and I'm like.... awwww.... patiently awaiting my return to WL, lol! Your hair looks fab btw!

      Delete
  10. Your hair looks so pretty in that bun picture <3 I'm in love

    ReplyDelete