Week-long Hair Challenge Round Up... :-)

Hey there!

It's time for my Week-long Hair Challenge Round Up! :-)

So... I gave myself a Week-long Hair Challenge last week. The results are as follows:

  • 3 liters of water per day 
CHECK! Very pleased with myself, I bought my 1.5L water bottle and I made sure to drink 1 1/2 - 2 bottles everyday.
  • 5 Fruits and Veggies per day - juicing is a MUST
Medium-sized CHECK! I was not juicing everyday as I had hoped, BUT I did have a healthy serving of cooked vegetables everyday, as well as an orange (I bought a bag at the beginning of the week). AND I just got some spinach from the supermarket and carried it to Nature's Way and had my "Carrot-Beet-Banana-Strawberry-Spinach" Smoothie - Yummeh! I'll be doing this on alternate days.
  • Take my Vitamins WITH MY BREAKFAST - I have a back up set in my handbag for when I have to rush to work ;-)
CHECK! Yup yup I was on point with this this week, If I forgot to take them at home I always had a spare set in my handbag I could take with lunch. Didn't miss a day!
  • Moisturize and Seal daily!!! Just started using Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Curl and Style Milk, so far so good :-)
CHECK! My hair LOVES this leave in conditioner. And I sealed with Vatika Oil/ Regular Coconut Oil/ Grapeseed + Castor Oil depending on my mood. Twas a productive week for Moisturizing and Sealing :-)
  • Do not forget Satin scarf or pillow case at night
CHECK!
  • Keep the braids in this week
  • Exercise - half an hour to an hour of aerobics
  • Co-wash as needed (with the daily exercise this is a must) 
  • Deep condition once to twice weekly.
Small- Medium sized CHECK! I definitely kept the braids in and was able to co-wash once this week, the second co-wash was supposed to be Sunday or yesterday but I was simply too exhausted from work this weekend. No worries I'll be tackling that this morning before work. I plan to co-wash as usual with a Moisturizing conditioner of my choosing, I think I'll go with my Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Moisturizing Conditioner this am :-).
I will be deep conditioning tonight with an ORS Replenishing Pack, I did not deep condition at the last co-wash, naughty :-(

With respect to exercise...
I honestly did not get around to doing any of my scheduled exercise routines! shame shame shame.
It was bad enough that I didn't accomplish my exercise goals this week, but typing it now makes it even More Real, sheesh!!! SMH


OVERALL...
I have to say I give myself about A- for effort and B+ for execution
So there's definitely room for improvement this week! :-)

I strongly suspect I can get all of the things on my list done if I loosen my concept of the task I want to achieve. What do I mean by this?
Well, with starting a new job this past week and trying to figure out the hours, and the on calls (i.e. all-nighters at work, fun-times lol), its been a bit difficult to make it to my usual scheduled spin classes and aerobics classes, BUT... I do have a jump rope!

Did you know that just 5 minutes straight (no chaser, lol) of just continuous jump rope can really get the blood pumping and calories burning, i.e. is a great aerobic workout. So instead of throwing in the towel because I didn't get to do the exercise class that I wanted because my schedule didn't permit it,
I can always find 5 SPARE minutes at some point in the day, even in if its just before my shower before bed, JUST 5 MINUTES to jump rope, and maybe add a few squats and sit-ups depending on my energy level.

In fact I found this neat lil calculator online that gives you a GENERAL idea of how much calories you can burn jumping rope! Neat huh?! :-) All you have to do is enter your weight, how long you plan to jump rope for and how fats you plan to jump, check it out!
http://www.self.com/calculatorsprograms/calculators/caloriesburned/jumping_rope

So...
My exercise motto for this week coming is "5 Minutes is better than Nothing!" :-)
I'm gonna pick myself up, dust myself off and TRY AGAIN! Woot woot!

I'll keep at my regime and give myself another Week-long Hair Challenge starting next week Monday February 3rd, 2014. Bring it on! :-)

This HHJ thing is often not an everyday-success-story. Sometimes we fall in some areas and excel in others; we just have to keep at it until our achievements outnumber the downfalls.
Keep at it! I plan to ;-)

Have a great morning guys!

Xoxo,
Rachie :-)

No comments